Regardless of age or health status, nearly everyone requires some care during the period of recovery that follows a surgical procedure. Even relatively minor procedures come with a risk of potential side effects and complications, and some of these risks, such as infection and blood clots, remain even after discharge from the hospital or surgical facility. Additionally, depending on the level of anesthesia that was used and the painkillers and medications that are required post-op, patients may need to be monitored and assisted until they can maintain a normal level of function and resume their normal activities.
Hummingbird Home Care provides comprehensive post-surgical care and in-home help from experienced private convalescent care providers. Our private postoperative services include, but are not limited to:
- Transportation home and to and from postoperative appointments
- Tracking medication dosages and assisting the patient in taking medicine as prescribed
- Keeping wounds clean and dressed for optimal healing
- Assist with and facilitate discharges from hospitals, assisted living facilities and rehabilitation clinics
- Physical support, including bathing and toileting assistance
- Assisting the patient with prescribed postoperative physical therapy exercises
- Food preparation and feeding
- Light housework and cleaning
Choosing Hummingbird’s Postoperative Care Services
Oftentimes, the needs of a postoperative patient are simply too much for family members to manage alone. That’s where we come in.
Hummingbird Home Care offers the perfect mix of skilled and compassionate postoperative care for your loved one. Contact us today for a free care assessment or learn more about the Hummingbird difference.